File access error

May 3, 2010 at 1:00 PM

hi,

when ever i upload the file even from the server or from the client machine i get this error

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\template\layouts\SpreadSheet\Temp\Sample Excel File to Import.xlsx' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload.SaveAs(String filename) at ASP._layouts_spreadsheet_spreadsheet_aspx.UploadFiles() at ASP._layouts_spreadsheet_spreadsheet_aspx.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e

i tried to give permission to this excel sheet as full control for every one .. still i get this error

Coordinator
May 4, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Please make sure that users uploading or using this feature have the permissions to the folder temp at the following location has C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\template\layouts\SpreadSheet\Temp\'. And do not place the sample xlsx file in the temp folder. Save it to the your system drive,.. desktop or any other location and then browse to upload the document from that location. Please let me know if this helps.

Else,.. please provide complete steps on what you have done and we can help guide you better.

Thanks.

May 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM

hi,

i am loggin into the portal using the administrator rights say the windows administrator, who is the primary site administrator too. am uploading the excel sheet using his credentials . but still i get the same error.

i instlaled the feature in the site, activated the feature,create a new list and a new excel sheet so as the cols of the list.

then went to the list, import from excel. there i pointed to the excel sheet and then giving upload throwed me that error

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:55 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I am having this exact problem too.

Update: This appears to be an issue with running IE8 in sandboxed mode.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2010 at 10:28 AM

From the error,.. it looks like you are using the 32 bit environment. Can you please confirm whether you are running this tool in a 32 or 64 bit environment.

Note that the latest version of the tool (1.5v) is meant for 64 bit only. One can use the earlier version (1.2V) for the 32 bit environments. Make sure that the tool is correctly uninstalled before you install the new version.

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Hi it was very urgent.

I am loggin into the portal using the administrator , who is the primary site administrator too. am uploading the excel sheet using his credentials . but still i get the same error

Iam using 64 bit environment
Please help