OLEDB ERROR when uploading Excel data

Jun 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM

hi,

when i am trying to upload excel file in my sharepoint system using Import Excel data to sharepoint list feature,it was giving oledb error like System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at ASP._layouts_spreadsheet_spreadsheet_aspx.GetExcelSheetNames() at ASP._layouts_spreadsheet_spreadsheet_aspx.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e).

Please let me know why it was coming and how it will be solved?

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM

is tat file you tried to upload is .xls or .xlsx extension ?

if its .xlsx extension you need to install the access db engine which was discussed in the previous discussions.. plz refert at